Savoring the Experience:
This tea gets its subtle sweetness from the pineapple and maple brittle, but to kick those flavors up a notch you can add a little forest honey to the brew. And for an unlikely but exceptional pairing of flavors, try having this tea with a slice of carrot cake. They just go together phenomenally well.
Organic green tea, pineapple, coconut, walnuts, almonds, natural flavors, maple brittle.
- 1.5 tsp Per Cup
- 2-3 Minutes
- According to ancient texts, walnuts have been consumed since 7000 B.C.E. That's a long time!
- Walnuts were once reserved for royalty only.
- The ancient Romans called walnuts Julans regia, or 'Jupiter's royal acorn'.
- Walnuts originated in Persia, and were gradually exported to other parts of the world, mostly by the British. Hence, they came to be known as 'English walnuts'.
- A traditional health remedy in China is to roll two walnuts (in their shells) around in the palm of one hand. This practice led to the development of 'Chinese medicine balls'. These days, antique walnut 'medicine balls' are especially prized by collectors.